Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dark Knight @ I MAX



(Dont worry, this is not a review of the movie, you can get that in some pro movie site.)

Hyderabad...Hyderabad!!! After a long time I was back in the city I grew up in, the city that has given me many memories n friends, like none other...but today, right here I cant speak about all that, this is just not the forum...but...there is something that I can tell you. An experience of a life time...to watch something that I might probably rate as one of the best blends of Class and Entertainment! The lethal combination of one of the biggest block busters of the year and the finest arena for visual entertainment, literally sweeps you off your past memories of good old stuff that you might have watched seated in cushioned barber's chairs (believe me! Thatz what some of the best theaters in Chennai and Bangalore offer you) in so called AC theaters with wall mounted fans. As I was eagerly waiting to get my tickets, I dint know that I was part of a Historic ticket sales that had grossed eight times more than the closest super hero competitor...Spidey 3! (at the same point in the sales cycle i.e. 21 days from the film’s official release). Unfortunately, when I got my ticket (I watched it alone...so sad!) my watch gave me a very unpleasent surprise...it was 12 noon (What a time to watch DARK Knight!) the same time the movie was scheduled for! I had to literally CARRY MYSELF and run to the hot spot...it took me some time to find the place, for the entrance to this huge Arena (that resembled the Greek Amphitheaters) was awfully puny with the least Hungama! Probably, Mr. Prasads wanted to thrill us with the contrast! Well begun is half done, it is said! Seated somewhere on the fifth row from the top, I couldnot help myself pan the entire theatre...a wonderful creation...a cocktail of aesthetics, professionalism and marvelous entertainment! Then it all began...I sat right across the table...on the other end were Batman and Morgan Freeman discussing how to save the World! and yes...I was also on the helicopter taking the tour of the city and ofcourse watched Joker's everymove from close quaters or atleast that was the experience of proximity which the phenominally huge screen delivered! At somepoint of time I did feel that, thank God I dint come with some friend to watch the movie for I might have totally ignored that person fair and square! If you wanna Watch The Dark Knight make sure you do it in I Max! Its Entertainment Max worth every bit of what you pay!!!

Note: I havent been paid by IMAX for this article...though if they wish to do so after reading this post I dont mind!!!

1 comment:

C.Savitha said...

Hmmm
Imax is good no doubt. But I feel like I am in Alfred Hitchcock movie. A feeling of vertigo I guess. If you have noticed the steps are quite steep. The only good thing about IMAX is the screen. The seats are also not that comfortable. Definitely does not qualify the 'cocktail of aesthetics' statement.'